The Gornish lab focuses on using integrated approaches to develop and deploy effective restoration and land management strategies in working and natural landscapes. We conduct research on a wide range of themes to address questions related to ecological restoration and weed management, including:
- Identifying bottlenecks to bunchgrass restoration in rangeland systems
- Using demographic approaches to control invasive annual grasses in California
- Understanding plant community trajectories after catastrophic wildfire
- Identifying context dependencies in restoration pre-treatment techniques
- Using functional trait approaches to identify drought tolerant restoration candidates
- Testing restoration strategies to achieve multiple management goals
Check out the research page to see a complete description of all current projects!